Saturday, November 18, 2006

Jazz Festival

Today was the Elliot Bay Jazz Festival. My schools Jazz choir was enterd to perform again this fall. We left school around 8:20 this morning and got to the college it was being held at an hour later. We quikly warmed up...and then were rushed off to the stage. We opened with Sentimental Journey, then we sang the song from White Christmas, Count Your Blessings, and closed with Mr. Jazz Man. I had two solos in the program. I sang the part in Count Your Blessings that says " I think about a nursery, and I picture curly heads, and one by one I count them, as the slumber in their beds" and then, I had a scat solo in the last song. I pretty much embarrased the crap out of myself. The mic cords of the two sopranos to my left were in front of my legs, and when I began to step out to pick up the solo mic, I tripped and almost face planted. Then, the wireless mic didnt want to come out of the stand, so I was half a beat late on my enterance. I guess it still sounded good. I didnt trip before my second solo though. After ajudication, we sat and watched a few groups before lunch. I had good pizza and chips for lunch, not that you wanted to know that though. After lunch we went to a "Master Class" where a professional comes and teaches a group about a part of Jazz music, like Solo singing, of improvisation. We went to the improv. class. Our "pro." was amazing. After that, we watched some more groups, took an hour long break, and then watched the rest of the school. There were a lot of really good schools there. Then, the bus ride home...ahh, kids, some in particular, are VERY LOUD, and OBNOXIOUS!!! but thats okay...what can you expect. lol. I talked to my friend on the phone for a little bit but he had to go eat his dinner and do the dishes, so he called me back when he finished. He just so happend to be listening to Spinning Dizziness when he rememberd to call me back. I had already eaten and was 7 minutes from home when he called again. Then we talked for an hour or so, about what? I am not exactly sure...just stuff. lol. I love my friends. Well, I am off. T.T.F.N.

No comments: